This week... {Three Things Thursday}



New year. New me. New you. New goals. One major goal this year is to engage this wonderful blogging community better. What better way than to begin a new link up with some blog friends! Together, the three of us came up with Three Things Thursday. Just three things to talk or write about. Five seemed like too many and "one thing" was like we weren't even trying! So any three things that are on your mind. Any three pictures from Instagram. Three complaints about your day/week. Three of your favorite treats. Seriously. Any three things! So write it. Publish it. Yell it from the mountain tops! 

Just be sure you come back and link it up here!


For some extra fun follow us on Instagram for some three things posts! 

Use the #threethingsthursday, and let's start talking!

Today we've invited Alissa from Diary of an Addict to join us. Alissa is a Southern California #GirlBoss with an eye for style. When she's not busy with her business Pollinate Media or writing for her fantastic lifestyle blog, you can find her on Instagram with the cutest kids in the west! Thanks Alissa for blessing us with your blog knowledge and your presence! We are so lucky to have you!!


Three things this week:


On Saturday the Hubbs helped me pick up 400 cases of Girl Scout cookies. There are 12 boxes per case so... You do the math. It is officially cookie time and let me tell you people are losing their damn minds for some Thin Mints. I have to say I don't mind because all the money goes to the troop. Cookies take six weeks and for most leaders it feels like six years. Still all jokes aside it goes for an excellent cause and we are able to make scouts available to girls whether they can pay or not. Which is pretty awesome.


This damn book. I'm not a fan of Sci-Fi., but I read about The Martian a couple of years ago in Entertainment Weekly when it was being made into a movie. It sounded interesting, but also kind of boring. It didn't seem like my kind of book or movie... Then I saw the book with the movie cover at Target, and I'm a sucker for movie covers. Then it's Matt Damon, and really, how do you say no to the boy who will always be Will? Then I opened the book and said I'll try a chapter and see... Ten chapters later I couldn't put it down and could have, I would have read all night! Hoping to finish it by Sunday so I can watch the movie!


This girl. This one right here. She pulled her tooth out again, all by herself. She had been working on it for days. I had been helping too, but she was too afraid to let me pull it. So finally Monday night it was just bugging her too much and she just pulled it. Her exact words were, "I got it" and held it up for me to see. No blood. No tears. Just pride. 
The next morning she walked in my room with her two dollars from the Tooth Fairy and deadpanned,
"All that work and all I got was two dollars".
Guess the Tooth Fairy needs to up her game!
I took this picture the next day because I cannot get enough of this giant hole that little tooth left. I just want to freeze this face for awhile. With the wild hair and that hole where a tooth will grow in before I know it. Everyone has a picture like this from their childhood, messy hair, missing teeth. It's like a rite of passage. I just may frame this one. 

There are my Three Things for this Thursday. What's up in your corner of the world?
Don't forget to link up with us!